a sample of weaknesses


It has been brought to my attention by my former boss/lecturer that I tend to (insert negative quality). I have since started (insert proactive change) to improve this bad habit. It’s still a work in progress but because I am aware of it, I have been able to better the situation. If for example you've had difficulties in the past figuring which tasks to do in which order, just fill in the blanks:

It has been brought to my attention by my former line manager that I tend to distinguish between priority and the urgency of tasks poorly. I have since started to ask him when I’m unsure, regularly update my calendar and set alerts for one hour before deadline to improve my to-do list. It’s still a work in progress but because I am aware of it, I have been able to better the situation.

Read: 5 ways to over come your nervous in your next interview

Be careful

Be sure to choose something that doesn’t impact your ability to complete your duties. Even if you’re working on your bad spelling as a secretary, they won’t take that risk. If you hate public speaking, you won’t get a job as a reporter. If you are clumsy, you cannot work in a profession that requires heavy lifting. No one wants to waste time in a Customer Service Agent that gets angry at rude people. Get the picture?

The secret hiring managers don’t want you to know: Each interview question should be answered behaviourally, whether it is a behavioural question or not. This means that you should always have an example of an action you took in order to confirm that what you’re saying is true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Your Resume A Breath of Fresh Air

Achieving Mutual Gain in any Negotiation

When You Have No Relevant Work Experience